Friday, March 28, 2008

Cool Happy Genius Heroes

TGIF everyone!


So I'm not a depressed individual by any means but if you didn’t know me and looked at my project playlists and cd mixes you might think otherwise. This song adds to that misperception.

I don’t know much about this group, The National. Actually I don’t know anything about them, other than that they’re from Brooklyn. I haven’t even heard any of their other songs, but I really like this one "Santa Clara."

It s the kind of song you want to listen to when you’re down in the dumps. With the lights off, door closed, laying on your bed, and this song, just blaring from your stereo, on repeat… haha, ok, so once again, I’m not a sad person, but I do have my moments when I am sad and when I am, I want to listen to this song, along with "The Funeral" by Band of Horses, "Where have you been" by Manchester Orchestra, and even "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

Not too sure what this song is about but my prediction is that its about loved ones that have passed on and how you don't have to worry about them cuz you know they're finally at peace.

"Cool Happy Genius Heroes"

2 comments:

Ambs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ambs said...

I really like the guy's voice...it's very unique. Grace Cathedral Hill goes on that list too, for sure. :)