Monday, April 14, 2008

Cary Brothers: The Glass Parade

Last week I went to one of the most original concerts I've ever been to, The Hotel Cafe Tour. Ingrid Michaelson headlined the tour but she didn't act like a big wig at all. Cary Brothers, Meiko, Jessica Hope, Jim Bianco and William Fitzsimmons were also part of the tour and the show seemed more like a bunch of friends that got together to have a jam session, but a professional jam session (not one of those where the same riff gets repeated for a good 20 minutes) instead of a formal concert. They each took turns playing three songs each with a mini story about each song before they played so you could get a taste of each artist. It was awesome. The only way I would've enjoyed this concert more was if I was sitting at a table with a cup of coffee.

I initially bought a ticket to the concert because I wanted to see Ingrid, but I left the concert really pleased with the performances of the other artists as well, especially Cary Brothers and Meiko, so pleased actually that I went out and bought Cary Brothers' newest cd: Who You Are. I knew his songs "Blue Eyes" from the Garden State soundtrack and "Ride" from the Last Kiss soundtrack but i was never a CB fan til now. I always thought Cary Brothers was a band, not just one guy named Cary Brothers. I think a lot of people think that.

At the show, he played "The Glass Parade" and I just fell in love with it. The Youtube video isn't great, so just listen to the lyrics and his voice. oh my goodness his voice is just one of the softest, sweetest sounds I've heard in a long time. It's the kind of voice where you just want to believe everything he says. The lyrics are amazing too.

I'm not really into guys with long shaggy hair, its actually a deal breaker for me, but for him it works. i could be into him...



The Glass Parade- Cary Brothers
Just a voice inside your head
Whispering all the hope is dead
All the time you had to prove
That no one really loves you

I found you in a reflection
You didn't want me to see
I will give you all i have
Just look up, break down and believe

This is a glass parade
A fragile state
And i am not trying to break
And the stars are shining
The moon is right
And i would kill to be with you tonight

Wish you told me all the truth
So afraid to face an absolute
All the fights you had to lose
All the fear was put upon you

I found you when you were broken
Too many cracks of deceit
I will give you all i have
Just look up, break down and believe

This is the feeling, falling
So much i want to say
Show me the same emotion
Show me what's at stake
How much can you take
When you realise your fate?

Hold me now as the car lights fade
And we are dancing in the glass parade

It's just a voice inside your head

Side note: Meiko sang this song called "You and Onions Make Me Cry." AWESOME! The song pretty much was all about hot dogs and crying because of onions and boys. I am a fan of any song that incorporates food into the lyrics.

No comments: