Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday's Tune: Jack Johnson's Angel



My brother is my music guru. Whenever I make a trip down to Eugene, i end up getting sucked into his computer for hours, blowing off plans to hang out with real people and instead, I find myself sitting on my bed, making cds from his 5,000+ song collection. From Atmosphere and Damien Rice to Lily Allen and Say Anything, he pretty much has it all. The 3 things my bro and i bond over are music, food and golfing. Yeah, not gonna lie, we're pretty cool :)

Anyway, over the weekend, he gave me Jack Johnson's newest album, Sleep through the Static and the cd pretty much stole my heart. I loved it right off the bat, just like his other cds. The 4th song, "Angel" just kills me, kind of like the first time i ever heard "Bubbly" by Colbie Callait. The lyrics are so genuinely sincere and I'm pretty sure it can't get any sweeter than this song. You can tell that he wrote this song about someone he truly loves, probably his wifey.

If i were a boy, I would learn to play this song on the guitar and serenade an unsuspecting crush or current lover. It would woo them over in a heartbeat.

"She gives me presents, with her presence alone." Really? Gosh. I love this song so much, i looked at my itunes play count yesterday and i listened to it 60 times?! In one day?! No biggie.

K, i'm gonna go listen to it another 60 times, better start now. Hope you like it as much as I do. Just go out and buy the cd, you won't be disappointed. Promise.

No comments: