Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm a 23 year old single mom with two daughters...

Starting this week, I'm getting a dose of reality by playing mom for two middle school girls, Jenny (12) and Jane (14). Their parents are in Israel for work and decided that I would not only be the most dependable but most responsible and loving individual to care for their precious little ones for the next 2 weeks. You see, I used to be their Sunday School teacher probably 7-8 years ago back in Eugene so not only have i known them for a few years, they know I love Jesus too which is a huge plus in their book. Nanny Hannah to the rescue!

So as what all loving mothers do, I'm going to blog about them for the next 12 days. Oh and not only that, I'm also going to post as many pictures I can, just show you, how with my guidance and immaculate parenting skills, they have grown up to be such outstanding citizens in today's society.

Asian kids are the best. I feel very confident making that statement. Growing up, I never had this "free time" that all my other schoolmates talked of. After school, i had either piano lessons, flute lessons, swimming lessons, math tutor, writing tutor, volunteering or Bible study until dinner at 8, which was followed by shower time, reading and then finally bed time. So really, even if i wanted to be a troublemaker, there was no time for me to do so. Brilliant. I'm pretty sure all other Asian parents do the same with their kids as well. Absolutely brilliant!

Back to the girls. Today after school Janet studied Algebra for an hour, followed by an hour of homework, 30 minutes of piano and she just finished vaccuming the stairs. Jenny spent her afternoon doing all of her homework, watching YouTube videos, loading the dishwasher and writing up a 2 page book report that she asked me to assign to her because she was bored. Really?! Not only that, Jenny didn't practice her violin after school because she woke up at 7:15 this morning and practiced before school instead. Wowza.

Ok, well now its time for me to let them have a little fun. We're gonna watch American Idol and play Scrabble :) Be jealous. night! :)

No comments: