Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who needs vowels when you got consonants?!

So I decided i'm pretty into bands with names that have no vowels, such as...

M83
Nsync
RJD2
TLC
TQ
112
B52

and last but not least...MGMT!!!! Woop woop. I'm pretty sure i started listening to them purely based on the fact that I was intrigued by their name. Are you supposed to call them Management? or M-G-M-T? Well after weeks (more like minutes) of self-deliberation, i decided that "calling them M-G-M-T is the way to go.

"Electric Feel" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUI5MC9tVM) is currently my favorite song of theirs. Couldn't embed the music video, sorry, so check out the link to see it. "Kids", "Destrokk" and "Time to Pretend" are also pretty bad ass.

For all you Portlandites who are reading this, listen to the song and imagine yourself at the Fez, clad in a neon, spandex outfit, drinking gin and tonics and dancing in a group circle. Awesome huh :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I love the fact that you listed Nsync :-)

~Heather

Anonymous said...

um some of those bands have vowels in their names...

Rebecca said...

"this is what the world is for...making elecricity...I said ooh girl, shock me like an electric eel...baby girl, turn me on with your electric feel...."